Tuesday 13 October 2009

Recycle....!


For the new issue of Vogue UK there is an amazing feature shot by one of my favourite quirky photographers: Tim Walker. It is great for two reasons: in the current climate it helps to be able to make cool oufits for little money and also with the climate change and the emphasis on recycling it is also great to be using these unwanted things and remake them into these incredible outfits. Here are a few of my favourites:


I love the Chanel inspired dress made of mops, I really want to try and make this now! Also the edgy corset made from tea towels. At the top is the well known trick - making dresses from bin bags and below I adore the frilly lace outfit made from those paper doilies put under tea cups. Seriously love this shoot and also the included prices that the outfits took to make, some just £5. I love the creativity and the inspiration this shoot gives to have a go at making some wonderful outfits from the otherwise "rubbish" that would be thrown away. Come on "Make do and mend"!



Listening to Slow Jamz - Kanye West, Jamie Foxx & Twista

No comments:

Please e-mail me any comments or questions to: caroline@druitt.com