Friday 7 August 2009


- I started by replying to emails (there were many!) from designers amd modelling agencies and doing returns. I went to Old Bond street which is beautiful, a row of streets full of designer shops. I had my hands full of about 7 bags but it was worth it to see Miu Miu, Prada, Alexander Mcqueen and Vivienne Westwoods showrooms. They were beautiful, with all the returns clothes hung up on big rails and chandeliers decorated many of the showrooms.

- When I returned to the office, said hello to the lovely man on the desk at Princess House, I cleaned up the fashion closet and put the shoes into order. My favourites were these thigh high boots from MiuMiu.
- I then cleaned and prepared the meeting room for Chloe's meeting with two women from Agent Provocateur. I moved all the accessories and jewellery from a shoot on Friday and managed to find the Alexander mcQueen skull earrings we had been searching for!
- As I was getting cleaning things from the kitchen, a man was making coffee, he starting talking to me and told me he thought I was beautiful, he then asked about where I was planning to go for university. I explained about my hopes to study fashion, possibly at Central St Martins. It turned out he has lots of contacts there and he offered to write me a personal reference! As he was leaving I asked his name, he said Masoud and I suddenly put name to face and realised he's the editor in Chief of Tank!!

- I took a delivery of Tank magazines to Indigo Hotel in Paddington.

- Pandora aked me to find all the lookbooks for Resort 09 and Autumn/Winter 09 which took ages but was fun to look through all the looks, especially from Mark Fast who is a newly found designer that I love.

The day was pretty stressful and I have to say my feet have never ached so much before, from doing all the returns around London, but it was pretty exciting to have met the Editor in Chief of Tank.
A dress from Mark Fast A/W 09 collection we had in the closet.

No comments:

Please e-mail me any comments or questions to: caroline@druitt.com