Saturday 23 January 2010

Balenciaga

I know this collection was a while ago, in October 2007, but was looking for inspiration through old magazines and found this amazing collection from Balenciaga, which I absolutely loved. I think that whatever trend their collection channels, for example the infamous preppy trend, they always have some of the most stylish and interesting takes on the styles. This is awesome:
Rememeber, the blazers, hippie scarfs and jodphurs made fashionable with heels?!


And then when Floral was a massive thing, they managed to combine structural, masculine shapes with delicate feminine patterns.


I encorporated these in a recent art textiles project where I made my own print from my own photographs.

Wish I could actually make these dresses though - might give it a go!

No comments:

Please e-mail me any comments or questions to: caroline@druitt.com