Sunday 6 December 2009

Inspiration of the Week

I have desperately been working on my Art/Textiles A level portfolio at the moment, important deadlines for final pieces are coming up so the sewing machine is working full pelt. Not much news except I will be modelling for Cambridgeshire Velvet magazine soon with my best friend Jess, also at the moment trying to get UCAS finished and all my university applications sent off. Leaving for New York in less than 2 weeks with my college, taking plenty of warm clothes, and searching desperately for a fake fur jacket to take with me. I went to a massive Vintage Fair in the Guildhall in Cambridge last week, where I got some amazing finds; a cream dress with a massive tartan bow (post to come) and a beautiful Vivienne Westwood top for my friend Georgia, who turned 18. Apparently the fair was such a success they are planning another for the future. I'm going to inquire about joining the planning team, would be awesome!

This weeks inspiration: I love this editorial from T Magazine, Holiday 2009. The model is Karmen Pedaru, who looks amazing and shot by Camilla Akrans. The styling is beautiful, I love every piece and the hair and jewellery are so classically elegant. Hints of Audrey Hepburn and Brigitte Bardot.


Listening to: Doesn't mean anything - Alicia Keys

No comments:

Please e-mail me any comments or questions to: caroline@druitt.com