Monday 21 September 2009

LFW, Bailey and The Satorialist

Reminiscing... this time last year I was on the train, clad in my best with Jess on my way to London Fashion Week to see Betty Jackson. It was such a privelage to be given tickets from a women, Jeffi who we had modelled for and was such an exciting experience. Today is a great day at LFW including such designers as Matthew Williamson and Vivienne Westwood as well as Betty Jackson.

On the radio yesterday was a 15 minute interview with lots of fashionista's about Christopher Bailey from Burberry. It was incredibly interesting about his talent, how he got where he is, his Yorkshire upbringing, his experiences with DKNY and Tom Ford for Gucci and his complete revival of British label Burberry. I strongly reccomend taking quarter of an hour to listen to it on I-player. He is a fashion gem and one that obviously is not in keeping with the "fashionista" stereotype but is a generally nice and respected guy.

Finally, tonight I hope some people will be going to Scott Schuman's book signing in London. I was supposed to be going with my brother as he was the person to introduce me to the blog: The Sartorialist and I have been an avid and loyal follower ever since. However, Chris is off to France for his year out on Friday and the cost of the trian tickets is just too much. I hope you all try and go though. He is one awesome, inspirational man! His new book, which you can buy on Amazon is a collection of the amazing pictures he has taken of street style all over the world and he talks about how he began. He now does features for magazines like Vogue and GQ but takes inspirational pictures for his blog of street style.

Listening to Empire State of Mind by Jay Z and Alicia Keys - everyone MUST listen to this song!!

No comments:

Please e-mail me any comments or questions to: caroline@druitt.com